16 October, 2006

Homelessness



I remembered that I actually took a photo of a homeless man and his cat. I don't really like taking photos of people without them knowing about it, so I tried my best not to be too obvious. (I know, an alternative could be to just ask them, but that would require social skills that i'm afraid I don't possess.) When the man suddenly turned around I pretended to be taking pictures of the Berkeley Public Library instead, which is quite famous. Apart from pet stores and Tibet shops (and possibly students), Berkeley has lots and lots of homeless people. Apparently most of them are war veterans and/or mentally ill, and although drug abuse is not as in your face as it is in some parts of SF, it's probably fair to assume that it's part of the whole thing too. Am not going to give you an analysis of homelessness, I'll leave that to those better suited, but there really are staggering amounts of homeless people in Berkeley.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Det är jätteroligt att se din blogg, särskilt som jag kom för sent för att prata med dig, och du hade loggat ut från Skype när jag kom hem!
Puss
Ma

1:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home